1. When asked why he went there， he said he was sent there _____ for a space flight.
A. training B. being trained C. to have trained D. to be trained
2. _____ this cake， you’ll need 2 eggs， 175 g sugar and 175 g flour. A. Having made B. Make C. To make D. Making
原则二：用于名词后作定语时，使 用非谓语动词的原则是： 用不定式，表示动作尚未发生; 用现在分词，表示动作正在进行; 用过去分词，表示动作已经发生,同 时表示被动意义.
1.The Chinese are proud of the 29th Olympic Games ___ in Beijing in 2008. A. hold B. holding C. held D. to be held 2. There are hundreds of visitors _____ in front of the Art Gallery to have a look at Van Gogh’s paintings.
A. waited B. to wait C. waiting D. wait
3. “Things _____ never come again!” I couldn’t help talking to myself. A.lost B. losing C. to lost D. have lost
2.—The last one _____ pays the meal. —Agreed! A.arrived B. arrives
C. to arrive D. arriving
原则三： 用作伴随状语，原则上 要用现在分词
1. As the light turned green， I stood for a moment， not _____， and asked myself what I was going to do. A. moved B. moving
C. to move D. being moved
2. Peter received a letter just now _____ his grandma would come to see him soon. A. said B. says C. saying D. to say
3. Whenever he was asked why he was late for class， he would answer carelessly， always ___ the same thing. A.saying B. said C. to say D. having said 4. We often provide our children with toys， footballs or basketballs，___ that all children like these things. A. thinking B. think C. to think D. thought
1.The glass doors have taken the place of the wooden ones at the entrance，_____ in the natural light during the day. A.to let B. letting C. let D. having let
原则四：作结果状语，用现在分词或不定式，其区 别是，一般要用现在分词表自然而然的结果，不定 式表意外不好结果.
2. Oil prices have risen by 32 percent since the start of the year，___ a record US$ 57. 65 a barrel on April 4.
A.have reached B. reaching
C. to reach
D. to be reaching
1.He hurried to the booking office only _____ that all the tickets had been sold out.
A. to tell B. to be told C. telling D. told 2. He hurried to the station only_____ that the train had left. A.to find
D. to have found
1.The children talked so loudly at dinner table 原则五：凡是含有被动意义时， that I had to struggle _____. A. to be heard B. to have heard C. hearing D. being heard 原则上要用过去分词。但是， 2. The repairs cost a lot， but it’s money well _____. A. to spend B. spent C. being spent D. spending 3. Five people won the “China’s Green Figure” award， a title _____ to ordinary people for their contributions to environmental protection. A. being given B. is given C. given D. was given
如 果所涉及的动作尚未发生， 则用不定式的被动式
如果所涉及的动作正在进 行，则用现在分词的被动 式
1. Faced with a bill for $10， 000，_____. A. John has taken an extra job B. the boss has given John an extra job C. an extra job has been taken D. an extra job has been given to John
2. While watching television，_____. A. the door bell rang B. the doorbell rings C. we heard the doorbell ring D. we heard the doorbell rings
._____ from other continents for millions of years， Australia has many plants and animals not found in any other country in the world. A. Being separated B. Having separated C. Having been separated D. To be separated
2. The manager，_____ it clear to us that he didn’t agree with us， left the meeting room. A. who has made B. having made C. made D. making
原则八： 对于固定搭配，原则上按搭配 习惯处理
1.____ with so much trouble， we failed to complete the task on time. ） A. Faced B. Face C. Facing D. To face 2._____ in a white uniform， he looks more like a cook than a doctor. A. Dressed B. To dress C. Dressing D. Having dressed
解题思路 ① 解析句子结构，确定设空在句子中充当的 功能（如状语、定语或宾补）；
② 找准相关动词的逻辑主语，确定该动词与 逻辑主语是什么关系（主动还是被动）； ③ 搜索句子中相关的时间信息，确定非谓语 动词的恰当形式； ④ 将该选项置入空中，看是否能够做到字从 意顺，或是否能传达有效信息、完成交际任务。
His dog loves
being patted/ ________ (pat). to be patted 作love的宾语
The house seems to have been built (build) long ___________ 作表语，seem 系动词 ago. build和house之间被动关系
He is reading the (publish) tomorrow.
to be published report 作后置定语，表示将来 _______________
1. The speaker raised his voice but still couldn’t make himself____ . (NMET91 34) A.hear B. to hear C. hearing D. heard 2. On afternoon, Mrs Green went to the market, ____ some bananas and visited her cousin. (NMET91 23) A. bought B. buying C. to buy D. writing 3. --I usually go there by train. --Why not ____ by boat for a change? (NMET92 14) A. to try going B. trying to go C. to try and go D. try going
____ a reply, he decided to write again. (MET92 A. Not receiving B. Receiving not C. Not having received D. Having not received
5. How about the two of us ____ a walk down the garden? (MET93 17) A. to take B. take C. taking D. to be taking 6. ____ down the radio ---- the baby’s asleep in the next room. A. Turning B. To turn C. Turned D. Turn
7. Charles Babbage is generally considered ____ the first computer. A. to invent B. inventing C. to have invented D. having invented 8. ---I must apologize for ____ ahead of time. ---That’s all right. (MET94 21) A. letting you not know B. not letting you know C. letting you know not D. letting not you know 9. Rather than ___ on a crowded bus, he always prefers ____ a bicycle. A. ride; ride B. riding; ride C. ride; to ride D. to ride; riding
10. The missing boys were last seen ____ near the river.(NMET94 25) A. playing B. to be playing C. play D. to play 11. The first textbooks ____ for teaching English as a foreign language came out in the 16th century. (NMET94 34) A.having written B. to be written C. being written D. written 12. ---You were brave enough to raise objections at the meeting. ---Well, now I regret ____ that. A. to do b. to be doing C. to have done D. having done 13. The boy wanted to ride his bicycle in the street, but his told mother him_____. A. not to B. not to do C. not do it D. do not to 14. ---What do you think made Mary so upset? ---____ her new bicycle. A. As she lost B. Lost C. Losing D. Because of losing
15. She can’t help ____ the house because she’s busy making a cake. A. to clean B. cleaning C. cleaned D. being cleaned 16. She looks forward every spring to _____ the flower-lined garden. A. visit B. paying a visit C. walk in D. walking in 17. While shopping, people sometime can’t help ____ into buying something they don’t really need. A. to pursue B. persuading C. being persuaded D. be persuaded 18. The purpose of new technologies is to make life easier, ____ it more difficult. A. not make B. not to make C. not making D. do not make 19. A computer does only what thinking people _____. A. have it do B. have it done C. have done it D. having it done 20. When I got back home I saw a message pinned to the door ___“Sorry to miss you; will call later.” A. read B. reads C. to read D. reading
1._____ a champion， skill is not enough you have to have the right temperament. A. To be B. To have being C. Having been D. Being 2. _ themselves awake, they sat on the floor and told each other stories. A. Keep B. Keeping C. To keep D. To have kept 3. ___ back problems, always bend your knees when you lift heavy objects. A. Avoiding B. To avoid C. Having avoided D. To be avoiding
4. Please make my excuse at tomorrow’s meeting—I’ve got too much work _____. A. to do to come B. doing coming C. to do coming D. to do coming
5. I arrived at the shop _____ I’d left all my money at home. A. only to find B. only finding C. only found D. only having found
6. A few days after the interview， I received a letter ___ me the job. A. offered B. offering C. to be offering D. having offered
7. The plane crashed，_____ all 200 people aboard.
A. killed B. having killed C. killing D. had killed 8. “We can't go out in this weather.” said Bob， ___ out of the window. A. looked B. looking C. to look D. having looked
9. Robert is said _____ one of my classmates the other day， but I don’t know who she is. A. to marry B. to have married C. to be marrying D. being married
10. After driving all night we got to Amy's place，__ that she was away. A. only to discover B. only discovering C. only discovered D. only having discovered